How to Increase Performance in Home Office?
Many companies have started to work from home because of the pandemic. Which one is difficult, working from home or at the office? I would answer that ‘’working from home’’. From an objective point of view, working from home might seem more comfortable and easier. But it is not an efficient working model like in the office. For this reason, I will talk about how we can increase our performance while working in the home;
- Prepare a planning schedule while working from home. Get up early in the morning, have breakfast. Take off your bedwear and sit at your computer spry and in a presentable way. Create a daily working plan, write things on what to do down on it. All of these will increase your energy and productivity for working.
- Pursue how to use your time. After work, have a lunch break for an hour and two times in a different period of the day coffee break for 15 minutes. If possible, you can take a walk in one of these breaks or get some fresh air on your balcony. These short walks can make you feel good also reduce the harmful effects of sitting at the computer the whole day. Have water and small healthy snacks around while working.
- Find a room in your house, where you can work comfortably. If you have children, be sure to tell them what they can and cannot do when you work.
- For business continuity and success, stay in communication with your colleagues and managers. Managers must make daily huddles, determine goals and make evaluations with employees once or twice a week. Thus, there is no lack of communication between managers and employees, and employees do not feel lonely.
- Performance is accompanied by motivation. Without having fun, there is no motivation. Therefore, to motivate the employees, it would be good to organize an online game, where they can play together at midday. In this way, they can have a pleasant time of 5-10 minutes.
Lastly, I want to talk about a technique;
- The Pomodoro technique is a time management technique that is for efficient use of time, and in the late 1980s developed by Francesco Cirillo. The Pomodoro technique consists of intervals of working time. Related working time takes 25 minutes, and a short break takes 5 minutes.
The Pomodoro Technique helps to accomplish things with a high focus level. With short breaks, your attention will be high all the time. Thanks to this technique, it is possible to work efficiently and increase productivity.
Pomodoro Technique | For More Information About Efficient Work. (pomodorotekniği.com)
“Motivation stores up the aim as fuel, take off with a vision and make real itself through action.”